The Secretary of State’s office, Associated School Boards of South Dakota and the South Dakota Municipal League will again co-sponsor workshops covering all aspects of elections – from notices to the final canvass – including question-and-answer sessions.
Anyone wishing to attend a webinar can download the registration form here and return it via email to Lisa@sdmunicipalleague.org. Each webinar is limited to 100 participants and those who register to attend the webinars will be emailed the login and call-in information one week prior to each workshop date.
There will be five, free School Election Workshop webinars – including one more in December – scheduled to assist election officers in conducting elections with two different times scheduled, one at 9:30 a.m. (CDT) and another at 2:30 p.m. (CDT) with the length of the webinar varying; dates include:
Tuesday, March 5
- Ballot Preparation
- Who Can Vote – Voter Registration and Residency
Tuesday, March 12
- Absentee Voting – Application, Voting In-Person or by Mail, UOCAVA Voters (walk through SOS handout)
Tuesday, March 19
- Election Worker Training – you may use this to train your election workers.
- Walk through the Precinct Manual as a guide on “What to do on Election Day.”
Thursday, March 21
- What to ask your county auditor for (VR list, schools make sure to ask for all the counties your district covers)
- What should you, as the person in charge of the election, do on Election Day?
- Counting, Canvassing and Recounting – Provisional Ballots, Duties of Canvassers and Recount Process
If you have any questions about the in-person or webinar workshops, please contact Lori Martinec at Martinec@sdmunicipalleague.org or at 605-224-8654.
- Posted by asbsd
- 0 Comments