Governor Dennis Daugaard has signed a proclamation declaring School Board Recognition Week in be held January 13-17 in South Dakota.
The week offer’s your district an opportunity to publicly thank the men and women who serve on your local board of education.
We hope it will be a time your students, staff and community share their appreciation for the leadership provided by board members.
ASBSD has compiled a kit (download the kit here) that includes several resource materials that will help you plan and conduct recognition activities:
- Sample Activities: Pick from the dozens of activity ideas to plan your celebrations during School Board Recognition Week. Don’t let this week slip by without recognizing your local school board members.
- Media Relations: Print the news release on district letterhead and submit it to local media. Be sure to add information about special ceremonies or events you are planning for your local board members. This news release will work for your district newsletters, too. Or, use the sample letter-to-the-editor for publication in your local newspaper.
- Sample Resolution: Help elected officials or other groups officially recognize the school board by providing them with this sample resolution.
- Radio Public Service Announcement: Contact local radio stations in advance of School Board Recognition Week to arrange placement of your public service announcement. Use the sample radio scripts and fill in the information specific to your district.
- Invitation Letter: Personalize the sample letter to inform community leaders, businesses and organizations of School Board Recognition Week. Invite them to participate or sponsor your events to recognize and show appreciation for school board members.
- Certificate of Appreciation (download the certificate here): Complete the Certificate of Appreciation and present it to each of your district’s board members, honoring them for their service.
If you have questions about the week, activities or any of the pieces included, please contact Tyler via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 605-773-8382 or 605-881-3791.
- Posted by asbsd
- 0 Comments