K-12 DISCUSSION ROUNDTABLES
Members of the ASBSD Board of Directors are inviting school board
members and school administrators to join ASBSD Executive Director Dr. Wade Pogany
to discuss how to best promote public education during a pivotal time for the
state’s K-12 schools.
The round-table discussions will focus on how school boards can get involved in Initiated
Measure 15, the ballot initiative that will increase state revenue to restore
dramatic cuts to public school funding. A review of legislative issues and a
discussion about ASBSD’s new strategic plan will also be on the agenda. Dr.
Pogany will facilitate the evening meetings, which will take place from 7:00 to
8:45 pm. The events are free, and registration is not required.
DATES, TIMES AND LOCATIONS
The evening meetings will take place from 7:00 to 8:45 pm local time at the following locations.
- April 26 - Hartford - West Central Administration Office
- May 1 - Aberdeen - Holgate Middle School Lunchroom
- May 3 - Mitchell - Mitchell Tech Campus Center
- May 7 - Wilmot - Wilmot School Library
- May 8 - Clear Lake - High School Student Commons
- May 9 - Colman - Colman-Egan School
- May 16 - Philip - Haakon County School
- May 24 - Winner - Winner Middle School Library
- May 28 - Tyndall - Bon Homme School Auxiliary Gym
- May 29 - Hot Springs - Hot Springs Administration Building
- May 30 - Spearfish - Spearfish School Board Meeting Room
- June 12 - Rapid City - CSAC Community Room