The 2022 election cycle for the ASBSD Board of Directors is about to begin and seats in the following regions and enrollment categories will be up for election:
- Burke, Dupree, Gregory, Lyman, McLaughlin, Mobridge-Pollock, Stanley County, Timber Lake and White River
- Northeast region with enrollment 266-699
- Britton-Hecla, Castlewood, Clark, De Smet, Deubrook Area, Deuel, Elkton, Faulkton Area, Groton Area, Ipswich, Miller, Northwestern Area, Redfield, Sioux Valley, Warner, Webster Area and Wolsey-Wessington
- Northeast region with enrollment 700-1,399
- Hamlin, Milbank and Sisseton
- Douglas, Meade and Spearfish
All school board members from districts in the region and enrollment category are eligible to run for the open Board of Director’s seat.
Eligible board members interested in running for an open seat must download and complete the Announcement of Candidacy form and return it to ASBSD by Friday, February 18.
The official timeline of the ASBSD Board of Director’s election is as follows: notification of open seats made in December and January, candidates submit announcement of candidacy form by February 18, ballots distributed in March, the election occurs March-May, districts informed of results in June and newly elected board members taking their seats in August at the annual ASBSD-SASD Convention.
If you have questions, please contact Director of Communications Tyler Pickner at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 605-773-8382.
- Posted by asbsd
- 0 Comments