Important legal topics affecting schools on schedule for ASBSD/COSA School Law webinars
Eight important school law related topics will be covered as part of the 2022-23 ASBSD/COSA School Law webinar series.
Listen to school law experts on legal topics affecting school districts, get your questions answered AND have access to the webinar recording presentation throughout the 2023 Fiscal Year for $25 per individual webinar or for $175 for the entire schedule of webinars.
The webinars provide “timely information to stay abreast of current topics and relevant law concerns” according to one superintendent and are “easy to continue educating yourself as a board member during the work week” said a board member who participated.
The live webinars will be held from 12 to 1 p.m. (Central) with dates and topics on the schedule including:
- Tuesday, April 11 Transgender Issues with Brent Matter
- Tuesday, May 9 Title IX/FLSA with Tyler Coverdale
- RECORDED WEBINAR: Religion in Schools with Jessica Filler
- RECORDED WEBINAR: Sports Co-ops & In-District Clubs with Gerry Kaufman
- RECORDED WEBINAR: Free Speech & Freedom of Expression with Timothy Johns & Dwight Gubbrud
- RECORDED WEBINAR: Special Education Discipline with Sam Kerr & Michele Bennett
- RECORDED WEBINAR: Teacher Nonrenewal & Termination with Rodney Freeman
- RECORDED WEBINAR: Student & Employee Due Process with Rory King
You can also register for the entire schedule by selecting the “All Webinars Package.”
To register for a webinar, click on the link above that corresponds with the webinar of your choice and follow these instructions (click link to open): ASBSD Event Registration Information for Individuals, to complete registration.
Individuals will only be able to register themselves while business managers can register multiple people from their district for an event. Links to the live webinar will be provided to you via email prior to the webinar and access to the recording will also be emailed following the event.
Board members registering earn 20 ALL points for their board and participants will also earn 1 hour of continuing education units!
If you have questions about the webinars or need assistance registering, please contact Tyler at email@example.com or at 605-773-8382.
- Posted by asbsd
- 0 Comments