The South Dakota Secretary of State’s office, ASBSD and the South Dakota Municipal League will again co-sponsor workshops covering all aspects of elections – from notices to the final canvass – including question-and-answer sessions.
Six webinar workshops are scheduled to assist election officers in conducting elections with each webinar limited to 100 participants. Dates, times and topics include:
Webinar 1: Thursday, December 9, 2021
9:30 AM – 10:15 AM CST / 2:30 PM – 3:15 PM CST
- Election Types and Date (don’t forget to set your election date)
- Combining elections vs. holding elections on the same day
- Election Calendar (appoint your election boards sooner rather than later)
- Precinct and Election Boards
- Public Notices
- We will walk through our website and the Legislative Research Council’s site if time allows
Webinar 2: Wednesday, December 15, 2021
9:30 AM – 10:40 AM CST / 2:30 PM – 3:40 PM CST
- Candidate Eligibility Requirements
- Petitions – Forms, Deadlines, Signature Requirements (change for cities) and Counting Signatures (walk through the petition checklist). New petition challenge law.
- What if no one files?
- Financial Interest Statements (these must be filed every year for applicable cities and schools)
- Vacancies – What Creates a Vacancy and How to Fill It
- Campaign Finance (for applicable cities and schools) – Who is Required to File, Restrictions, Disclaimers and Forms
Webinar 3: Thursday, March 3, 2022
9:30 AM – 10:10 AM CST / 2:30 PM – 3:10 PM CST
- Ballot Preparation
- Who Can Vote – Voter Registration and Residency
Webinar 4: Tuesday, March 15, 2022
9:30 AM – 10:30 AM CST / 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM CST
- Absentee Voting – Application, Voting In-Person or by Mail, UOCAVA Voters (we will walk through our handout)
Webinar 5: Thursday, March 17, 2022
9:30 AM – 11:00 AM CST / 2:30 PM – 4:00 PM CST
- Election Worker Training – you may use this to train your election workers o We will walk through the Precinct Manual as a guide on “What to do on Election Day.”
Webinar 6: Thursday, March 24, 2022
9:30 AM – 10:00 AM CDT / 2:30 PM – 3:00 PM CDT
- What to ask your county auditor for (Voter registration list, schools make sure to ask for all the counties your district covers etc.)
- What should you, as the person in charge of the election, do on Election Day?
- Counting, Canvassing and Recounting – Provisional Ballots, Duties of Canvassers and Recount Process
To attend a webinar, download the registration form here, check the box in front of the time you wish to attend for each date and return it via email to Lisa@sdmunicipalleague.org by Tuesday, November 30, 2021.
A registration form must be completed for each webinar attendee. Those who register to attend the webinars will be emailed the login and call-in information one week prior to each workshop date.
If you have any questions about the webinar workshops, please contact Lori Martinec at Martinec@sdmunicipalleague.org or at 605-224-8654.
- Posted by asbsd
- 0 Comments