The election process is as follows:
- Available seats for the next year will be determined by ASBSD in December.
- Member districts will be notified of open positions by at least Jan. 1.
- Candidates planning to run for an available seat in their region and enrollment category must submit an application and profile introducing them and their qualifications to ASBSD by Feb. 19.
- Submitted candidate profiles and ballots will be distributed by ASBSD in March to school districts in the region that will be represented on the Board of Directors. In the event only one candidate declares intention to run for the available seat, that individual will be considered elected.
- Ballots for contested elections must be received in the ASBSD office by 5 p.m. on May 15.
- Member districts and candidates will be notified of election results by June 1 by ASBSD. Ballots will be counted by ASBSD’s Executive Director, Legal Counsel and Board President or designee.
- Candidates elected to the Board of Directors will take office in August at ASBSD-SASD Convention.
The ASBSD Board of Directors is seeking a representative to serve on the board, due to a vacancy, and represent the Northeast Region’s 265 & Under enrollment category.
If you are interested in serving, please complete and submit the application for appointment (link below) by Thursday, June 17, 2021. The position will be filled by a presidential appointment and all submitted appointment applications will be forwarded to ASBSD President Eric Stroeder.
Contact Executive Secretary Katie Mitchell-Boe via email at email@example.com or at 605-773-2502.