The election process is as follows:
- Available seats for the next year will be determined by ASBSD in December.
- Member districts will be notified of open positions by at least Jan. 1.
- Candidates planning to run for an available seat in their region and enrollment category must submit an application and profile introducing them and their qualifications to ASBSD by Feb. 18, 2022. Download the Announcement of Candidacy form here.
- Submitted candidate profiles and ballots will be distributed by ASBSD in March to school districts in the region that will be represented on the Board of Directors. In the event only one candidate declares intention to run for the available seat, that individual will be considered elected.
- Ballots for contested elections must be received in the ASBSD office by 5 p.m. on May 13.
- Member districts and candidates will be notified of election results by June 1 by ASBSD. Ballots will be counted by ASBSD’s Executive Director, Legal Counsel and Board President or designee.
- Candidates elected to the Board of Directors will take office in August at ASBSD-SASD Convention.
The 2022 election cycle for the ASBSD Board of Directors is about to begin and seats in the following regions and enrollment categories will be up for election:
- Burke, Dupree, Gregory, Lyman, McLaughlin, Mobridge-Pollock, Stanley County, Timber Lake and White River
- Northeast region with enrollment 266-699
- Britton-Hecla, Castlewood, Clark, De Smet, Deubrook Area, Deuel, Elkton, Faulkton Area, Groton Area, Ipswich, Miller, Northwestern Area, Redfield, Sioux Valley, Warner, Webster Area and Wolsey-Wessington
- Northeast region with enrollment 700-1,399
- Hamlin, Milbank and Sisseton
- Douglas, Meade and Spearfish
Download the Announcement of Candidacy form here for candidates planning to run for an available seat in their region and enrollment category.
Contact Executive Secretary Katie Mitchell-Boe via email at email@example.com or at 605-773-2502.