Dakota Dreams Experiencing STEM Elementary Initiative workshops
The South Dakota Board of Regents is hosting two STEM workshops for elementary teachers this summer.
The Dakota Dreams Experiencing STEM Elementary Initiative will provide Elementary teachers:
- Experience integrated STEM activities for grades 2 – 5.
- Use your curriculum, the SD standards, the Science & Engineering Standards, and the Standards for Mathematical Practice to create activities for your classroom.
- Participate in a professional learning community that supports you during the academic year when you are implementing these activities.
- Share your experiences with colleagues in other districts to learn from each other.
- Earn up to two graduate credits with a reduced tuition rate.
- Room and board provided on campus during the workshop.
- Follow-up sessions will be held on Zoom during the school year.
- Earn a monetary stipend.
Download the Experiencing STEM Elementary Initiative flyer here.
This summer’s workshop schedule includes:
- West River Workshop at Black Hills State University from July 17–21;
- East River Workshop at South Dakota State University from July 31-August 4.
Click here to register for the workshops.
Contact Dr. Janice Minder in the SD Board of Regents Academic Affairs office at Janice.Minder@sdbor.edu or at 605-773-3455 with questions.
- Posted by asbsd
- 0 Comments