Collective Bargaining Seminars rescheduled for February
ASBSD’s Collective Bargaining Seminar will return in February with a three meeting slate covering the negotiation process between school boards and district employees.
Collective Bargaining Seminars begin with registration from 8-8:30 a.m. and event from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. and will be held:
- Tuesday, Feb. 18 at the Rapid City Ramkota Hotel & Conference Center (2112 B North LaCrosse)
- Wednesday, Feb. 19 at the Pierre Ramkota RiverCentre (920 West Sioux Avenue)
- Wednesday, Feb. 26 at the Sioux Falls Ramkota (3200 W Maple Street)
Registration is required for each seminar; please contact your district’s business manager to get registered for a seminar. Click the links above to register.
If you had previously registered for the seminars original scheduled in January, you will need to register again.
For ASBSD members, the cost for the seminar is $110 for the first registrant per district and $75 for each additional person before Feb. 14 and $150 for the first registrant per district, $115 each additional person after Feb. 14.
For non-members, the cost for the seminar is $220 for the first registrant per district and $150 for each additional person before Feb. 14 and $300 for the first registrant per district, $230 each additional person after Feb. 14.
A $25 cancellation fee will be assessed, if not completed 48 hours prior to the event.
The event covers the collective bargaining essentials:
- Legal Requirements – SDCL Ch. 3-18 – Bargaining Units, Obligation to Negotiate Mandatory Topics of Bargaining, Negotiated Agreement Polices as compared to School Board Policies, Good Faith Bargaining, Impasse, Unfair Labor Practices, etc.
- Negotiations Process – Contract Review, Development of Contract Proposals, Bargaining Teams and Team Spokesperson, Pre-Negotiations Sessions Communications, Ground Rules, Table Negotiations.
- Contract Provisions – Evaluation Policy, Reduction in Force Policy, Liquidated Damages Policy, Sick Leave and Sick Leave Bank Policies, Signing Bonus/Moving Expense Policy, Extracurricular Duty Pay Policy, Management Rights Policy, Insurance Policy, Workers’ Compensation Policy, Grievances, Contract Duration.
“School boards engage in open and honest communication with school employees during collective bargaining,” ASBSD Director of Policy and Legal Services Gerry Kaufman said. “These sessions are designed to equip boards with the knowledge of what to expect and how to react during negotiations.”
- Posted by asbsd
- 0 Comments