The South Dakota School District Benefits Fund and Wellmark Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Dakota have partnered to bring districts in-network access to every hospital and 99% of providers in South Dakota and an extensive access nationwide for every employee!
The plan is a partially self-insured trust consisting of specific stop loss insurance to insure both the individual member as well as the pool from excess loss. The NEARLY 80 SDSDBF MEMBERS have received no or incremental increases in their premiums in the past few years.
SDSDBF offers our members added benefits, including:
- Opportunity to provide direct input on the operation of your health plan and fund;
- IRS Form 1094/1095 generation support;
- Payments of ACA taxes and fees on your district’s behalf;
- GASB 45 Services;
- On-site flu shot and wellness screens in your district;
- Unlimited Affordable Care Act support;
- Free identity protection for health fund members;
- Advocacy for or against legislation that could affect your health fund
Healthcare Reform Sites:
- Health and Human Services
- IRS Affordable Care Act
- Kaiser Family Foundation Health Care Reform
- South Dakota Health Care Reform