School districts can again submit applications for the Employee Shared Service Grant opportunity.
Senate Bill 133 included an on-going appropriation of $1.6 million to provide two types of shared services:
- Those involving state-purchased goods and services provided to districts, and;
- Those involving district sharing employees.
Application proposals for the grant must be submitted by an accredited public school district in South Dakota, with districts able to apply for up to three years of funding with a fifty percent reduction in annual funding in year two and seventy-five percent reduction in year three.
No more than three shared employees will be awarded per application.
All proposals will be read and judged by a review committee, who will determine the eligibility of the proposal and the amount of the grant award based on the criteria outlined in the application and scoring rubric.
Applications addressing rural or sparsity, increased opportunities or services for students, or increased efficiency will be given priority.
The deadline to submit the 2016-17 school year application is Friday, October 21 at 5:00 p.m. via e-mail to: DOESharedServices@state.sd.us.
Applications for the grant for the 2017-18 school year can also be submitted. The 2017-18 school year application can be downloaded here and must be submitted by Friday, February 24 at 5:00 p.m. via e-mail to: DOESharedServices@state.sd.us.
Questions about grant submission can be directed to:
- General Questions about Employee Shared Services Grants can be directed to Becky Nelson at the South Dakota Department of Education, 605-773-4681;
- Questions on financial accounting related to grant awards, contact Susan Woodmansey, Division of Finance & Management, 605-773-4748 or Bobbi Leiferman, Division of Finance & Management, 605-773-5407;
- Personnel Record Form System (PRF) questions contact: Jantina Nelson-Stastny, Office of Certification, (605) 668-2904.
- Posted by asbsd
- 0 Comments