Two grant programs available for schools
The South Dakota Department of Education is now accepting applications for two grant programs, which were appropriated $500,000 by the legislature.
House Bill 1164 appropriated one-time funds for the Classroom Innovation grant program and House Bill 1185, which was the general funding bill, included one-time dollars for the Technology Infrastructure Upgrade grant program.
Here’s a rundown of the key points of each grant application:
Classroom Innovation (download application here and scoring matrix here.)
- Provides funding for classroom innovation projects that use technology in creative and innovative ways to enhance student achievement.
- K-12 school districts, teachers and Educational Service Agencies can submit applications.
- Scoring matrix is on a 60-point scale, which includes (not limited to):
- A project summary
- Project goals – their alignment to DOE education goals and how it would incorporate technology
- Project narrative – describing how the project would change “business as usual” in the district, would be accessible by all students and how the goals could be measured.
- Project budget – listing equipment and materials needed and describing its investment value.
- Maximum grant amount is $25,000.
- Application deadline is Monday, July 8 at 5 p.m. (Central Standard Time).
- Applications should be emailed to DOEInnovationGrants@state.sd.us as a PDF attachment.
Technology Infrastructure Upgrade (download application here and scoring matrix here.)
- Provides funding for technology upgrades to improve student achievement.
- DOE listed distance learning and server plus Windows 2012 as items to consider.
- K-12 school districts can submit applications.
- Scoring matrix is on a 100-point scale, which includes (not limited to):
- Background and Need – demonstrating the district’s need, evidence that project could not be completed without funds and level of Capital Outlay levy.
- Approach – how the project aligns with DOE education goals and how it benefits the school district.
- Budget Narrative – includes up to 30 percent of matching funds and explains how the project is sustainable.
- Maximum grant amount is $20,000 with up to 30 percent of matching funds expected to be provided by the school district.
- Application deadline is Saturday, June 15.
- Applications should be emailed to DOETechnologyGrants@state.sd.us as a PDF attachment.
Grant award recipients will be announced on Thursday, Aug. 1. Questions about the grant process should be directed to Amy Fowler of the DOE via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 605-773-6898.
- Posted by asbsd
- 0 Comments