Special education is set to receive an increase in aid for the 2020-21 school year.
HB 1042 sets the maximum special education fund levy at $1.684/thousand dollars of taxable valuation and revises the definition of local effort for the purposes of special education state aid to $1.484/thousand dollars of taxable valuation, as well as updates the funding per disability levels to:
- Level 1 –$6,152 per-student;
- Level 2 –$14,655 per-student;
- Level 3 –$19,194 per-student;
- Level 4 –$15,405 per-student;
- Level 5 –$32,348 per-student;
- Level 6 –$8,261 per-student.
Sen. Margaret Sutton said the bill would “increase the (funding) for all children in need of special education.”
For updates on everything related to K-12 education, check the ASBSD Blog.