The ASBSD Board ushered in a new year at their August meeting, which was held just before the 2017 ASBSD-SASD Convention.
Todd Thoelke, Sioux Falls School Board Member, took the reigns as president with the passing of the gavel from Anita Peterson, Haakon School Board Member. Read about it here.
Along with the passing of the gavel came Tom Farrel, Madison Central School Board President, ascending to the role of ASBSD 1st Vice President.
A member of his local board since 2010, Farrell has been elected Board President six times and sat on the district’s high school renovation committee. He has served on the Board of Directors since 2014 and has represented his local board as a member of ASBSD’s Legislative Action Network and presented ASBSD’s School Board President’s Retreat.
Farrell was also among three ASBSD Board veterans who began serving their latest term as a Director at the August meeting. Along with Farrell, Edgemont Vice President Susan Humiston and Todd County School Board Member Melissa Whipple were reelected to their posts. Read about it here.
ASBSD Board members also elected Wilmot School Board Member Denise Lutkemeier to the role of ASBSD 2nd Vice President. Read about it here.
Alan Van Ruler, former Montrose School Board Member, was also honored for his service on the ASBSD Board of Directors. Van Ruler was appointed to the ASBSD Board in January of 2016 to represent the Southeast Region’s 265 and Under enrollment category.
“It was a pleasure working with Alan during his tenure on the ASBSD Board. We’ll miss his experience and dedication,” ASBSD Executive Director Wade Pogany said. “We wish him all the best in the future.”
The Board of Directors also:
- Approved Resolution and Standing Positions recommendations from the Policy and Resolutions Committee. Read about those updates here;
- Approved an updated policy related to staff travel expenses;
- Approved investment policy for the Association;
- Approved the Fiscal Year 2017 financials;
- Approved meeting dates for upcoming year, including November 16-17 in Pierre, February 19 in Pierre and August 8, with April’s meeting to be determined.
- Posted by asbsd
- 0 Comments