Members of the ASBSD Board of Directors convened in Western South Dakota in April.
“It was an honor to have the opportunity to tour Ellsworth Air Force Base,” ASBSD Executive Director Wade Pogany said. “The Board Members soaked in the magnitude of the Base itself, as well as the planes and equipment housed there.”
At the meeting, the Board of Directors adopted a $2 million budget for Fiscal Year 2020 with ASBSD membership rates remaining the same and dues increasing 1.57 percent from the previous fiscal year do to increased expenditures by member districts, which is included in the dues calculation.
In addition, ASBSD BOD members approved clean-up amendments to seven internal Association policies and two clarifying changes to the Association’s Constitution and By-Laws; those included:
- AEF – Association Representation;
- AGA – Recognition for Accomplishments;
- BB – Officers’ Powers and Duties;
- BFDG – Board Minutes;
- BGD – Board Member Compensation and Expenses;
- BOC – ASBSD Report of Progress and Plan for Continuous Improvement;
- BOF – Conflict of Interest;
- ARTICLE V – Delegate Assembly;
- ARTICLE VI – Directors and Officers.
The Board of Directors also:
- Approved the appointment of Garret Bischoff, Tom Farrell, Tanya Gray, Denise Lutkemeier, Eric Stroeder and Todd Thoelke to the Policy Resolutions committee, which will meet this summer to discuss the legislative Resolutions and Standing Positions of ASBSD;
- Reviewed and discussed the Association’s strategic plan;
- The next meeting is Wednesday, August 7.
- Posted by asbsd
- 0 Comments