The six dates set for the South Dakota’s Blue Ribbon Task Force to meet now have times and meeting locations attached to them.
The goals of the Task Force include ensuring a quality system of schools that focuses on student success, a workforce of great teachers and an efficient, equitable education funding system that focuses on these goals. The group will also look for new funding possibilities.
Each Task Force meeting will have three separate time slots with an educator meeting scheduled to run from 2 to 4 p.m., a business community meeting going from 4 to 6 p.m. and a public meeting being held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
Dates and locations include:
- Tuesday, June 2 in Chamberlain at Cedar Shore Resort in the Wheeler Room
- Wednesday, June 3 in Rapid City at the Ramkota Hotel in Sylvan Room I & II
- Tuesday, June 16 in Sioux Falls at the Ramkota Hotel in the Jefferson Room
- Wednesday, June 17 in Yankton at Yankton High School in the Commons
- Monday, June 22 in Watertown at the Ramkota Hotel in the Kampeska Hall
- Tuesday, June 23 in Aberdeen at the Ramkota Hotel in the Arikara Room
With the Task Force set to study K-12 education the Legislature’s Long-term Planning committee, which began a two-year study on the same subject in 2014, noted at yesterday’s Legislative Executive Board meeting it will shift the focus to workforce, post-secondary education and CTE.
The Blue Ribbon Task Force will eventually add school board members, administrators, teachers and parents following the six input meetings with the full group planning to meet multiple times before presenting recommendations near the end of the year.
- Posted by asbsd
- 0 Comments