Two webinar workshops – with two different times available – remain on the schedule to assist election officers in conducting elections for the 2019-20 school year.
The Secretary of State’s office, Associated School Boards of South Dakota and the South Dakota Municipal League will again co-sponsor workshops covering all aspects of elections – from notices to the final canvass – including question-and-answer sessions.
There are two, FREE School Election Workshop webinars scheduled to assist election officers in conducting elections with two different times scheduled, one at 9:30 a.m. (Central) and another at 2:30 p.m. (Central) with the length of the webinar varying; dates include:
Wednesday, January 22, 2020
- Election Worker Training – you may use this to train your election workers.
- Walk through the Precinct Manual as a guide on “What to do on Election Day.”
Thursday, January 23, 2020
- What to ask your county auditor for (VR list, schools make sure to ask for all the counties your district covers)
- What should you, as the person in charge of the election, do on Election Day?
- Counting, Canvassing and Recounting – Provisional Ballots, Duties of Canvassers and Recount Process
Each webinar is limited to 100 participants and anyone wishing to attend a webinar can download the registration form here or via the attachment. On the form, check the time under date you wish to attend, enter the required information found at the bottom of the pdf and return it via email to Lisa@sdmunicipalleague.org.
Disregard the deadline listed at the bottom of the form.
Those who register to attend the webinars will be emailed the login and call-in information one week prior to each workshop date.
If you have any questions about the webinar workshops, please contact Lori Martinec at Martinec@sdmunicipalleague.org or at 605-224-8654.