After February’s scheduled board meeting was postponed due to winter weather, the ASBSD Board of Directors opened their 2018 meeting schedule in Sioux Falls last week (4/20-21) covering a litany of topics and honoring three fellow members for their service on the board.
Deuel School Board President Debbe Koenecke was presented a plaque for her seven years of service on the ASBSD Board of Directors, Douglas Board Member Bryan Bauer for his four years and Howard School Board President Rick Olson for his three years.
“We will miss working with Debbe, Bryan and Rick, very much,” ASBSD Executive Director Wade Pogany said. “They have played key roles in helping ASBSD advance public education in South Dakota.”
“Their service to education is very honorable and we’re thankful to them for all their efforts.”
The Board of Directors also:
- Approved a $2 million budget for fiscal year 2019;
- Concurred in the appointments of Tom Farrell, Kathy Greeneway, Denise Lutkemeier, Anita Peterson, Eric Stroeder and Todd Thoelke to the Policy Resolutions committee, which will meet this summer to discuss the legislative agenda of ASBSD;
- Read the legislative commemoration honoring Michell School Board Vice President Neil Putnam for receiving the 2017 ASBSD School Board Member of the Year Award;
- Examined future legislative issues;
- Reviewed and discussed the Association’s strategic plan;
- The next meeting is Wednesday, August 8.