ASBSD’s resolutions and standing positions dictate the legislative direction of the association.
They are an extremely valuable reference for our legislative advocating efforts and, as we’ve seen in past legislative sessions, are the guides for ASBSD to follow when controversial legislative issues, which our member schools do not hold a consensus opinion on, are introduced.
This year’s Delegate Assembly is set for Friday, November 20 and will be held on the online webinar platform, Zoom, at 1 p.m. (Central).
Member districts can submit a new or amended resolution or standing position, or suggest deletion of a resolution or standing position, by completing the 2020 ASBSD Delegate Assembly Member Resolution-Standing Position Form in the following steps:
- Download the 2020 ASBSD Delegate Assembly Member Resolution-Standing Position Form;
- Draft a resolution to create, amend, or eliminate a proposed resolution. Include a clear, concise rationale to explain your intent;
- Officially approve the resolution at a school board meeting;
- Send the resolution or standing position by Tuesday, November 10, 2020:
- E-mail to Tyler Pickner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Resolutions and Standing Positions must be received via email to email@example.com by Tuesday, November 10 to be included in the packet provided to appointed delegates.
Changes to resolutions or standing positions may be made on the day of Delegate Assembly, but must be done so through the Zoom webinar platform only by a member district’s appointed Delegate. Additional information on the process will be provided to appointed delegates prior to Delegate Assembly by ASBSD.
- Posted by asbsd
- 0 Comments