Three representatives of ASBSD are part of a group of those associated with education developing guidance about reopening schools in the 2020-21 school year.
ASBSD President Denise Lutkemeier, Past President Tom Farrell and Executive Director Wade Pogany joined the group convened by the South Dakota Department of Education to put together a guidance document to inform school leaders as they think about reopening buildings and providing instruction for the upcoming school year amid the Coronavirus outbreak.
“Denise, Tom and myself are pleased to be a part of the process and bring the school board perspective to the group,” Pogany said. “We know districts will face unique challenges that others do not so our charge to create a comprehensive document that school leaders can refer to.”
“With Denise and Tom’s experience our members can be assured that the concerns of school board members will be addressed.”
In addition to Lutkemeier, Farrell and Pogany, the advisory group members include:
- Deubrook Area Elementary Principal Jon Boer
- Lemmon Elementary Principal Shawnda Carmichael
- Todd County Elementary School Teacher Leslie Crow
- Parker Superintendent Donavan DeBoer
- McLaughlin Special Education Director Rhonda Frederick
- Pierre Business Manager Darla Mayer
- SDEA President Mary McCorkle
- SASD Executive Director Rob Monson
- Leola Superintendent Bev Myer
- Sioux Falls Assistant Superintendent James Nold
- Harrisburg Curriculum Director Tanya Rasmussen
- Rapid City Superintendent Lori Simon
- Wagner Community Superintendent Shad Storley
- Sturgis Brown High School Principal Pete Wilson
ASBSD will provide information about the guidance document as it becomes available.
For updates around education, check the ASBSD Blog.
- Posted by asbsd
- 0 Comments