Those high school administrators interested in completing training for opioid antagonist administration will have another opportunity in September.
The South Dakota Department of Health will host a FREE webinar covering the Naloxone in High Schools Project, which is the opioid antagonist administration project initiated by the passage of Senate Bill 84 during this year’s legislative session, on Tuesday, September 17 at 10:30 a.m. (Central). The training is expected to last one hour.
Those interested in attending the September webinar should CLICK HERE on September 17 prior to the start of the webinar. A recording will be made available for those unable to attend the webinar training.
The South Dakota Department of Health (DOH) in collaboration with ASBSD and SASD have developed a process for school officials to obtain training and secure possession of Naloxone for South Dakota High School use. The process for High Schools to receive opioid training and obtain Naloxone includes:
- Electing to participate, Senate Bill 84 is permissive legislation;
- Participating in a Department of Health live or recorded training, or equivalent;
- Review and consider the enclosed ASBSD sample policy JHCDD-ADMINISTRATION OF OPIOID ANTAGONISTS. This is not a DOH requirement; questions regarding this policy should be referred to the ASBSD;
- Signing the enclosed ADAPT Pharmaceutical order form for two free doses of Naloxone;
- Signing the Department of Health’s Attestation of Training form. The DOH form must be returned to the following email address: Naloxone@state.sd.us;
- The Department will confirm training and forward the signed ADAPT order form to ADAPT. ADAPT will then ship up to two free doses of Naloxone to the participating school;
- SD High Schools requesting more than the two free doses from ADAPT should contract the DOH. Each request for additional Naloxone will be taken on a case by case basis and as supplies last.
In addition, the following documents can be downloaded to assist districts with the implantation of the Naloxone Project in their high schools
- ASBSD Policy Alert: Opioid Antagonist Administration;
- Naloxone Project Attestation of Training Form
- Naloxone Project FAQ
- Naloxone Project Narcan Order form and Terms of Conditions
- Naloxone Project Presentation
- Naloxone Project Reporting Form
Questions about the program, documents, requirements and webinar can be directed to ASBSD Executive Director Wade Pogany at email@example.com or SASD Executive Director Rob Monson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Posted by asbsd
- 0 Comments