Updated terminology was incorporated into multiple sample policies ranging from school board legal status to students in foster care and a few other topics in between.
- Changed reference for Vocational Education to Technical Education
- Changes the term LEP to the updated term English Learner (EL)
- Changes the term LEP to the updated term English Learner (EL) and changes the title to English Learner Instruction
- Removes an outdated reference to North Central Association accreditation evaluative criteria and includes variables in determining secondary class sizes.
- Added the term “Care Liaison” to the policy and transposed the abbreviation of CPS
- Removes an outdated reference to North Central Association accreditation evaluation of schools.
The sample policy and regulation can be found online through ASBSD’s Policy Services website. For questions related to the policies, contact ASBSD Director of Policy & Legal Services Jessica Filler at email@example.com or at 605-773-2513.
To access the ASBSD Policy Services website, school board members and administrators must login at http://policy.asbsd.org. Your district’s login and password information has been previously provided to your district’s administration. Once logged in, you will need to answer simple security question.
Note: For ASBSD member schools who are Online Policy Services subscribers you may access a PDF copy of the modifications made to these policies through your school districts online policy site, simply choose the ASBSD Communications option under the Policies tab.
Policies of a school district, especially those negotiated with bargaining representatives for the protection of teachers, have the full force and effect of law, and legally bind the school district. Wessington Springs Ed. Assoc. v. Wessington Springs Sch. Dist., 467 N.W. 2d 101 (S.D. 1991).
- Posted by asbsd
- 0 Comments