Let’s talk about attracting and retaining teachers and staff members at a FREE upcoming webinar.
Board members are invited to join your ASBSD Region Directors (click here to see your region) at an upcoming Attracting & Retaining Teachers & Staff Webinar:
- Click here to register for the Northeast Region webinar on Sunday, May 7 from 6 to 7:30 p.m. (Central).
- Click here to register for the Southeast Region webinar on Sunday, May 7 from 8 to 9:30 p.m. (Central).
Complete the registration form and a link to join the webinar will be provided to you via email prior to its start time.
At the webinar, you can share your thoughts with fellow board members on these questions:
- Given the 7% increase in state aid from the legislature, we know schools are using those funds to increase teacher and support staff salaries. Where did your district end up regarding teacher salary negotiations?
- What strategies have you used to keep teachers in your district? Do you have programs that give recognition or awards? Do you offer benefits packages that are attractive to attracting and retaining teachers? Do you provide any other incentives for teachers?
- What strategies have you used to attract teachers and support staff to your school district?
- What strategies have you used to connect teachers and staff to your community in an effort to make them feel welcome and stay? Do you use a mentoring program?
- Would you have any suggestions to help attract teachers to the profession? Do any of you have an Educator’s Rising program or something similar that gets current students interested in the education profession?
Attending board members earn 25 ALL points!
If you have questions or need help with registration, please contact Director of Communications Tyler Pickner at email@example.com or at 605-773-8382 or 605-881-3791.