We’re less than one month away from the premier learning event for school board members and administrators and the early registration deadline is fast approaching.
Leaders in Education need opportunities to network, share ideas and find out the latest trends. The ASBSD and SASD Annual Convention is the best place in South Dakota to do just that,” Woonsocket School Board Member Lisa Snedeker said of Convention.
“Don’t miss this opportunity to become more informed and equipped to be a leader in your community.”
The 2019 ASBSD-SASD Convention will be held Thursday and Friday, August 8-9 at the Sioux Falls Convention Center and will feature:
- Nearly 40 informative breakout sessions covering a multitude of subjects;
- Keynote speeches from legendary Nebraska Cornhuskers Football Coach Tom Osborne and the Producer of the popular film Napoleon Dynamite, Sean Covel;
- More than one hundred exhibitors offering great services to K-12 education;
- A training session for administrators on the administration of opioid antagonists;
- One-on-one discussion with the Department of Education on your district’s Report Card;
- An awards banquet honoring administrators and board members, as well as former Gov. Dennis Daugaard;
- TWO chances to win $250 and MUCH MORE.
FIRST YEAR board members and administrators can attend Convention for a discounted rate of $165 – a $60 savings – per attendee with regular registration cost for the two-day conference at $225 per person.
“Attending the 2018 convention as a new board member was very valuable and provided a great deal of insight on the role of a board member and a lot of very useful information to use in my new role,” Lemmon School Board Member Melissa Reede said of the event. “I was able to network with other board members and every session I attended had very valuable information I was able to apply this year on the board.”
Attending Board members earn 20 ALL points for their school board and administrators earn 15 CEU’s.
For non-ASBSD and SASD members, the rate is $450.
Registration fees cover meals, all professional workshop fees, access to networking events and costs of all materials. A cancellation fee of $50 is charged if the registration is cancelled after Tuesday, July 16.
- Posted by asbsd
- 0 Comments