There’s still time to register for the premier learning event for school board members and administrators.
“Don’t miss this opportunity to become more informed and equipped to be a leader in your community,” Woonsocket School Board Member Lisa Snedeker said. “The ASBSD and SASD Annual Convention is the best place in South Dakota to do just that.”
The 2019 ASBSD-SASD Convention will be held Thursday and Friday, August 8-9 at the Sioux Falls Convention Center and will feature:
- Nearly 40 informative breakout sessions covering a multitude of subjects;
- Keynote speeches from legendary Nebraska Cornhuskers Football Coach Tom Osborne and the Producer of the popular film Napoleon Dynamite, Sean Covel;
- More than one hundred exhibitors offering great services to K-12 education;
- A training session for administrators on the administration of opioid antagonists;
- One-on-one discussion with the Department of Education on your district’s Report Card;
- An awards banquet honoring administrators and board members, as well as former Gov. Dennis Daugaard;
- TWO chances to win $250 and MUCH MORE.
FIRST YEAR board members and administrators can attend Convention for a discounted rate of $165 – a $60 savings – per attendee with regular registration cost for the two-day conference at $225 per person.
“Attending the 2018 convention as a new board member was very valuable and provided a great deal of insight on the role of a board member and a lot of very useful information to use in my new role,” Lemmon School Board Member Melissa Reede said of the event. “I was able to network with other board members and every session I attended had very valuable information I was able to apply this year on the board.”
ASBSD and SASD are again continuing the registration promotion for districts registering 3 school board members receiving a FREE registration for one administrator. Attending Board members earn 20 ALL points for their school board and administrators earn 15 CEU’s.
“The Annual Convention has always helped me improve my boardsmanship skills,” Aberdeen School Board Member Duane Alm said.
For non-ASBSD and SASD members, the rate is $450.
Hotel reservations can be made at: The Sheraton (1-605-367-9690), The Ramada Inn (1-855-214-3079) or The Ramkota (1-605-335-0650).
- Posted by asbsd
- 0 Comments