The 2019 election cycle for the ASBSD Board of Directors is about to begin and seats in the following regions and enrollment categories will be up for election:
- Central region with enrollment 700-1,399
- Chamberlain, Eagle Butte and Winner
- Central region with enrollment 1,400-9,999
- Pierre and Todd County
- Northeast region with enrollment 265 and Under
- Arlington, Big Stone City, Castlewood, Doland, Estelline, Florence, Frederick Area, Henry, Hitchcock-Tulare, Iroquois, Lake Preston, Langford Area, Leola, Northwestern Area, Rosholt, Summit, Waubay, Waverly, Willow Lake and Wilmot
- Southeast region with enrollment 266-699
- Alcester-Hudson, Andes Central, Baltic, Beresford, Bon Homme, Bridgewater-Emery, Chester Area, Elk Point-Jefferson, Flandreau, Freeman, Garretson, Gayville-Volin, Irene-Wakonda, Hanson, Howard, Kimball, McCook Central, Menno, Parker, Parkston, Plankinton, Platte-Geddes, Viborg-Hurley and Wessington Springs
- Western region with enrollment 700-1,399
- Belle Fourche, Custer, Hot Springs and Lead-Deadwood
All school board members from districts in the region and enrollment category are eligible to run for the open Board of Director’s seat.
Eligible board members interested in running for an open seat must download and complete the Announcement of Candidacy form and return it to ASBSD by Tuesday, February 19.
The official timeline of the ASBSD Board of Director’s election is as follows: notification of open seats made in December and January, candidates submit announcement of candidacy form by February 18, ballots distributed in March, the election occurs March-May, districts informed of results in June and newly elected board members taking their seats in August at the annual ASBSD-SASD Convention.
If you have questions, please contact Director of Communications Tyler Pickner at email@example.com or at 605-773-8382.