The 2020 election cycle for the ASBSD Board of Directors is about to begin and seats in the following regions and enrollment categories will be up for election:
- Central region with enrollment 265 & Under
- Agar-Blunt-Onida, Bowdle, Colome Consolidated, Edmunds Central, Eureka, Gettysburg, Herried, Highmore-Harrold, Hoven, Jones County, McIntosh, Selby Area, Smee and South Central
- Northeast region with enrollment 1,400-9,999
- Aberdeen, Brookings, Huron and Watertown
- Southeast region with enrollment 1,400-9,999
- Brandon Valley, Harrisburg, Mitchell, Tea Area, West Central and Yankton
- Western region with enrollment 266-699
- Bennett County, Haakon, Hill City, Kadoka Area, Newell and Wall
All school board members from districts in the region and enrollment category are eligible to run for the open Board of Director’s seat.
The deadline has passed.
The official timeline of the ASBSD Board of Director’s election is as follows: notification of open seats made in December and January, candidates submit announcement of candidacy form by February 19, ballots distributed in March, the election occurs March-May, districts informed of results in June and newly elected board members taking their seats in August at the annual ASBSD-SASD Convention.
If you have questions, please contact Director of Communications Tyler Pickner at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 605-773-8382.