ASBSD Board supports priorities, approves update enrollment categories
ASBSD Board of Directors proposed legislative priorities and set updated enrollment categories for the Association at their latest meeting.
Meeting prior to ASBSD’s Delegate Assembly, the Board of Directors agreed to present the following legislative priorities to the Delegates:
- C1: School Funding
- C4: Capital Outlay Adjustments
- B9: Behavioral and Mental Health Resources
Those priorities – along with accompanying Resolutions and Standing Positions – were approved by member districts at Delegate Assembly.
ASBSD Board members also approved updated enrollment categories for the Association. The review and, if necessary, update of Association enrollment categories is prescribed by ASBSD policy and the changes made, include:
- Central Region: Burke joins the 266-699 enrollment category;
- Northeast Region: Castlewood and Northwestern Area join the 266-699 enrollment category;
- Southeast Region: West Central joins the 1,400-9,99 category, Centerville and Ethan join the 266-699 category;
- Western Region: Oglala Lakota County joins the 700-1,399 category, Wall joins the 266-699 category and Lemmon joins the 265 & Under category.
In addition, the Board unanimously supported ASBSD President Denise Lutkemeier’s contingent application for a position on the National School Board Association’s Board of Directors.
Other points of action included:
- Approving the Fiscal Year 2019 audit report;
- Approving the 990 and 990T application filings;
- Approving the latest ASBSD financial report;
- Setting the next meeting date for Monday, February 17 in Pierre.
- Posted by asbsd
- 0 Comments